How does a narcissistic personality disorder attack affect your daily life?
There are so many ways a narcissist can leave you feeling bad. Like something nasty you’ve stepped in that is on the bottom of your shoes.
Narcissists are very inventive and have a constant supply of put downs and ways to make you feel small always wanting to take you by surprise.
A vicious attack can leave you feeling in severe mental pain.
- You can be traumatised.
It can be a huge blow to your confidence and this can leave you perplexed and confused.
It’s hard to explain, but I’ve been in this situation so many times it can be difficult to know which way to turn to get help.
I bet most of the time you are dealing with the affliction silently, and to be quite honest it is not really dealing with it at all.
There are a number of ways you can alleviate some of the damage that has been caused by the shock and traumatisation of having to witness and be part of such an ordeal.
And if you are not sure if you have had a narcissistic attack, then there are a number of signs that you could watch out for.
- Severe jealousy
- Constant put downs
- Putting other people down
- A hatred for other people
- Is very condescending
- Flies off the handle at a comment you made
- Twisting what you say
- Always scoring points
- Have a deep feeling of insecurity that they take out on you
- You are the butt of all jokes, it goes on and on!
If you can identify with this treatment then you could very well be in the midst of an attack.
There are a number of tests out there that the narcissist that you know can take to see if they are one.
But there is a massive problem with this.
A narcissist doesn’t see their behaviour as particularly a bad one!
So how do you get that person to take a test or go and see the doctor?
Well that is the sixty-four thousand dollar question!
They are not going to do it willingly, so maybe you could word it so that you are talking about a friend instead and you wanted help with knowing how to answer these types of questions.
If you do have a good idea then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below so we could help other people.
I have a selection of tests for you to look through.
7 Narcissistic Personality Disorder Tests
Be careful of these tests, because when I was reading about some of the signs and symptoms of being a narcissist, I have to admit, some of the expert analysis that I have read almost looks like it could have been written by an actual narcissist. I read this:
”A narcissist is a people pleaser!”
Being a people pleaser is not what a narcissist does, they tend to leave their victims as people pleasers because of their excessive demands and sharp put downs.
Instead of taking a test, you can just use your intuition instead, I think that you can discern whether you have been attacked in such a way to make you feel destitute or not.
How To Heal and Overcome Narcissistic Personality Disorder Defilement!
These are my favourite tools to use in the fight to get your sanity back. Getting extra help means that the road to being well again and healing will be paved with people who have your best interests at heart. Here are the seventeen tools. Take your time and have a look through each one to see where to start first. I haven’t got a favourite, each one has lots of different benefits and I would give each one five stars! Just click on the title or the picture to get a closer look.
1. Do you want to feel calm and tranquil, more happier and at peace? Take my advice and use this fantastic website to assist you and give you guidance.
2. Feeling agitated and distressed? Want to have more security? Stop feeling lost and restore your faith in humanity with this great website.
3. Want to stop nightmares, panicking and distress? This is the starting point.
4. Giving you the tools to be happier.
5. A great website giving you the green light to be yourself again.
6. Want to know if your partner is cheating on you? Get the tools to help you find out.
7. So your partner has confessed and admitted to having an affair. Use this website to help you recover.
8. Regain your confidence with this innovation. It’s a godsend.
9. Allow yourself to be you again. Supplying you with the tools to be happier about life.
10. Can’t shake that heavy heartedness associated with being depressed? Recovery and hope lay with this website.
11. Are you lost and stuck in a rut? Learn to change your habits and stop feeling paralysed in your day to day life, using this instead.
12. Enjoy life again and stay calm. Soothe your soul and be happy with this amazing website.
13.Learn to love yourself, untangle the blockages That are stopping you from doing this right here.
14. Being oppressed by a narcissist can leave you feeling empty inside and numb. Try this guide to help you to feel sensations of bliss, delight, glee, ecstasy, you know all of the feelings that you were not allowed to feel with the narcissist in your life. Allow yourself permission to live again.
15. Learn the secrets of how to think your way to becoming you again. There is tangible evidence to show how to manifest your dreams and turn them into reality. This website is amazing. Go and take a look.
16. Stop being apprehensive and distrusting people. Learn to believe in yourself with this fantastic method. You will learn secret knowledge and correct your mindset and start living again.
17. Unlock the secrets that hold you back in life. Open your eyes and unravel the problems that have left you feeling bewildered and perplexed.
Have you tried any of these methods to help you? I hope that they worked as well for you as they did for me. Leave me a comment below and tell me which one worked best for you.
Helplines for UK only
Alcoholic’s Anonymous – 0800 971 7650
Alzheimer’s Society – 0300 222 11 22
Addiction Advice – 0845 370 0102
Bullying – www.bullying.co.uk
Brook Sexual Health – 0300 123 71 23
Cancer – 0207 704 1137
Cruse Bereavement Care – 0808 808 16 77
Childline – 0800 1111
Elder Abuse – 0808 808 1677
Frank – 0300 123 66 00
HIV & Aids Terence Higgins – 0845 122 1200
Helping Hands Live in Care – 0843 778 1762
Hopeline (Suicide) – 0800 068 41 41
Lesbian & Gay Foundation – 0845 330 30 30
LGBT Switchboard – 0300 330 06 30
Lone Parents – 0800 018 8141
Mind Mental Health – 0300 123 33 93
Miscarriage Helpline – 01924 200 799
Missing People – 116 000
Missing Persons – 0500 700 700
NSPCC – 0808 800 5000
National Accident Helpline – 0800 044 8546
National Debt Line – 0808 808 4000
Refugee Council – 0207 346 6700
Rape & Sexual Abuse Support – 0330 363 0063
Sexual Abuse (one in four) – 0208 697 2112
Samaritans – 0845 909090
Smokers Quit Line – 0800 002 200
Support Line Any Issue – 0208 554 9004
The Mix (under 25 help) – 0808 808 4994
The Perry Clayman Project Drug & Alcohol – 0800 038 0480
Women’s Aid (Domestic Violence) – 0808 200 0247
Helplines For US Only
National Alliance for the mentally ill – 1-800-950-6264
National Mental Health Association Information Centre 1-800-969-6642
Beyond Blue (self harm) 1-899-3668-288
Alcoholics Anonymous (212) 870-3400
American Council on Alcoholism 1-800-527-5344
National Drug & Alcohol treatment Referral service 1-800-622-2255
Alcohol & Drug Crisis Line 1-800-234-0420
End Abuse Domestic Assault Line 1-800-END-ABUSE
National Domestic Violence Hotlines 1-800-799-7233
Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-540-400
National Child Abuse hotline 1-800-422-4453
Rape Abuse Network 1-800-656-HOPE
#Rhode Island – (401) 272-4044
#New York – (212) 673-3000
#Boston – (617) 274-0220
Teenline – (617)247-8050 or (800)252-8336
The Samaritans Suicide Prevention – (518)689-4673
National Hopeline Network:
Domestic Violence/Child Abuse/Sexual Abuse
Elder Abuse – 800-252-8966
Alzheimers Hotline – 800-621-0379
Aids Hotline – 800-342
Parent Hotline – 1-800-6537
Missing/Exploited Children – 800-843-5678
Runaway Switchboard – 800-621-4000
National Cocaine Hotline – 800-COCAINE Or 262-2463